How about I write a post about blogging...

Hello world! 

This would be where I admit that I am a little wary of the concept of sharing what I have to share with an unknown audience of random people out there. Sharing? Yes, fine with me. New people? I am okay with those as well. But the entire idea of "everybody, come and see!" is just not... me. However, I am giving this a go, and, apart from this very first entry and warning, I am going to keep it matter-of-fact and hopefully focused on the subject. 

So I am doing this course about Open Networked Learning. I am curious (this is interesting in a good way), and willing to give new things a go. Which is probably a big part of the point of being in this. I'll see how it goes. :) (<-- Yes, I use emoticons. A lot. Get used to it.)

[Oh, and that profile picture of mine is about 15 years old and admittedly rather unserious. Blogger seems to have remembered it from when I used the predecessor, blogspot, as a "Bilderlager" for holiday pictures to share with family and friends. Nothing is ever forgotten on the internet. I could simply disable the profile or update the picture, but where's the fun in that? And at least I have just now had a surprising and very happy time-traveling morning of looking through old visual memories.]



Comments

  1. Hello Andrea, I am from PBL-3. I share your concerns about writing to an unknown audience. I hope you are comforted with the knowledge that you are not alone in feeling this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martin! It is actually surprisingly comforting to get that kind of reply here - at the same time, of course, it is a sign of the reality of my blog actually being out there for people to read. I try to keep in mind that it is just us from ONL who actually have the link. :)

      Delete
  2. Everyone who starts ONL and is not used to writing/blogging has these feelings.
    Hopefully you are feeling a little more confident now that you have posted your first reflection, and remember, your blogs are just that - your reflection - there is no 'right and wrong.
    Looking forward to reading yours as you progress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Tina problem (Topic 1: Online participation & digital literacies)

"We are open" - or are we, really? (Topic 2: Open Learning - Sharing and Openness)

Last things last (Topic 5: Lessons learnt)